Monday 17 December 2012

Shaping up for Christmas with New Look

Many of my posts on this blog involve me browsing online and putting outfits together - I waste many an hour on the sites of my favourite stores selecting what I will buy once I get that elusive payrise / lottery win / millionaire boyfriend (delete as appropriate).

Therefore, when I saw on Twitter that New Look were running a competition to put together your favourite party look to suit your body shape I thought I'd get involved! You can find all the details of the competition here.

After several hours of picking and choosing, umm-ing and ahh-ing and changing my mind, here's the look that I came up with to suit my hourglass shape...

(You can click on the image to make it bigger!)

Amongst New Look's vast selection of party dresses I found this bodycon beauty. It perhaps isn't the dress that most screams 'Christmas partaaaaaay' out of the selection, with no jewels, sequins or sparkles, but I just love it. The bodycon style is perfect for the hourglass figure, and with the black shaping at the sides, it is doubly flattering.

The aztec print has been everywhere this autumn/winter, so I thought why not continue this into party season. The gold and silver colours mean any metallic accessories will work beautifully with it, making it a really versatile piece.

In my opinion accessories are the key to any party look. Firstly I selected these triangle earrings, as I thought they compliment the aztec pattern of the dress perfectly. An elegant up-do would really set these off. And although I veered away from sequins on the dress, I didn't feel the look was complete without some sparkle, so this sequin clutch adds a touch of glitz!

If you're anything like me you'll be hitting the dancefloor at your Christmas party this year (in my head I am totes Shakira, others may disagree) and as well as looking amazing, the slight platform on these heels should make them a little bit comfier for all that hip-shaking!

The final item to complete my look is a jacket - shivering outside the bar while you wait for your taxi is not a great look! The peplum style again accentuates the waist, a must for any hourglass party-goer.

I would definitely rock this outfit this party season - it's stylish, sexy and classy all in one (in my opinion!). I hope you like the look I created. What are your party essentials for Christmas 2013?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment